Friday, January 25, 2013

Summer


I'm sharing with you today a page that was done specifically for, and was published in Scrapbooking Memories Magazine ( Vol 15 No 5 )
The photo is of my niece and 3 of her children having fun in the shallows at the beach. This is pretty much a standard activity for them, and, for most kids, in Australia during our long, hot, school holidays.
I've used all my favourite techniques........stamping, resist stamping, masking, watercolour and distress inks.

Thanks for visiting me today, it's Friday ( already ) and so I wish everyone a great weekend, and of course, if you're an Ausie, then have a wonderful Australia Day long weekend.
post signature

12 comments:

  1. this is gorg.eous!! love the misting and the softness of this LO

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! This is stunning....yum, all that texture but it's so soft and pretty too!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy. I think it looks better here than in the mag. Such a gorgeous page. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome back ground!! really love the bottom left cluster too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the bright, fun hues- fantastic work, Gayle!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome and congrats Gayle, loving the background and details , have yourself a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed seeing your page today. It is cold and rainy here to day. I really don't mind cause I LOVE the rain. But your page makes me long for days at the beach.. Such a beautiful page my friend.

    Hope you having a happy weekend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Gayle! It's such a beautiful page!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. we had a special dinner and dessert and Australian music on Australia day (my husband always celebrates it) and then we watched the movie "The Dish" which we all loved immensely

    your beach page - I could lose myself in it and bask in it's warmth - just lovely - and especially fun to think about how it IS summer somewhere every day of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWOW I love this page !!! ablsolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes!! how delightfully playful and filled with the joys of summer your page is Gayle!! love the watercolour efffect, the subtle background techniques and layers that you do so incredibly well. This is wonderful!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.