Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lets Get Shabby Challenge #43

Would you like to win this gorgeous 2 foot long vintage crochet doily ? Imagine the possibilities. Challenge #43 is up at Lets Get Shabby and this is the prize ! Go to the Lets Get Shabby blog HERE to get all the details on how to play along and to get some inspiration from all the DT girls; three of them are new, and are posting for the first time, and, I'm sure would love it if you left some 'welcome' comments for them.

All you have to do is create a 'shabby project' based on this beautiful image below. Interpret it any way you like.

I've used some Prima Resin and letters, some Kaisercraft rubons and the "grand lady" herself is fussy cut from a collage sheet called Fantasy Lady 1062 available from Meg's Garden.

My base background is chipboard, sprayed with gesso. A technique borrowed from the super talented Louise Nelson. Added some masked, texture paste flowers coloured with Distress Stain in my very favourite shade, Peacock Feathers.

Shabby always lends itself to doilies, punched borders, muslin and sheet music paper.
Thanks for visiting today. Love it when you leave comments (except when they're vague and anonymous, please don't).
Have a great week everyone.
post signature

17 comments:

  1. Oh my, you are amazing. This is simply stunning. STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Gayle...Beautiful layers...So much shabby gorgeousness!!..absolutely stunning!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love the fairy tale skirt! and let me know if you want me to send you a Somerset Studio... : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! so funny too, that she would say "aint" .... we have a little rhyme: don't say aint, your mother will faint

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always amazed by what you come up with for you projects. This is so amazing. I am always so inspired when I pop in here.

    Wishing you a happy week.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing.. wow.. so creative, so beautiful.. so rich in texture and the design is out of this world.. well done.. this is exquisitely stunning..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gayle I just wanted to thank you for your beautfiul message on my post. I love using chipboard in all my LOs and so I really appreciate your words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gayle!!! This is phenomenal!!! Your work is so amazing I can't tell you what a thrill I get visiting. Just seeing that you have a new post sends my heart racing! Really!! I just love this lady! She is so GRAND!! I can see this must have been thoroughly therapeutic to put together too. Splendid job! And the sprayed gesso is intriguing!! I just dilute it and bottle it? Sounds like an interesting plan...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gayle this is so beautiful, love the layers in the dress of Marie , incredibly arty and vintage at the same time :) the flowers in the background look amazing too , love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gayle, thanks for offering to pay for it, that would be lovely, how about you pay for the zine and I will ship it to you? it is 8.99 and yes, use pay pal on my Dolce shop blog... xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes yes yes this is divine Gayle , oozing with classic beauty. see you next week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply stunning Gayle,so many gorgeous details to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW absolutely stunning Gayle... adore your gorgeous background!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHOOOO Gayle!! totally chiming in with the other ladies, this one certainly is PHENOMENAL!! You should hold classes yourself, they would sell like butter in sunshine! The sprayed gesso gives such a cool effect and that dress, oh my oh my!! don't know what to say, am just staring at it! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.