Monday, May 20, 2013

A Peek at Paris.

When I realised that we are almost half way through this year, first I  wondered where on earth has the time gone and secondly I thought it is definitely time to add some more Paris photos. I took many, many photos of the Louvre, inside and out, but here is just a peek. 

The Louvre, viewed through the glass Louvre Pyramid which serves as the museum's main entrance and contrasts so beautifully with it's glass and steel construction.

Ceiling in the Louvre. My photos come no where near capturing the size, the richness of colour, the technical detail and the immense beauty of these ceilings, they are truly awesome.

Inside the Louvre looking out: still more beauty to be seen.

Lani and bronze street sculpture.

Me and Christmas macaroons.

Thanks for visiting me today. I hope your week is a happy, productive one.

post signature

12 comments:

  1. woweeeeeeeeeeee these are breathtaking ,, love love love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, sigh!!!!!!! sigh!!!!!!! sooon one day it will be my turn to visit these wonderful and historical places....one day...until then I just dream away..............thanks for sharing them.......love them :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow how lovely to visit there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photography is amazing. Your angles just show so much detail and interest.
    Paris is on our "bucket" list for our 50th's. We figure the kids will be adults and we can start jet setting the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love seeing Paris thru your eyes... more please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paris is so beautiful and special! It has come to be at the very top of the list of fave cities together with swinging London! TFS your lovely pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little peek at Paris has me wanting to go even more. I do hope to go someday.. I also would love to see more photos. These look wonderful.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What stunning pics! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm .. chiming in with Caterina G .. LOVE seeing Paris through your lense! more more more please! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the reflected blue in the windows of the first picture ... And what a great pose with the statue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Gayle these photos are magnificent. I am off to Paris next week and I am sure that I will come back with hundreds of photos too :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gayle, thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! Your photos are truly beautiful, I remember going to the Louvre in my twenties, I'll never forget standing in front of the Mona Lisa....memories that will last forever....will take a look around your blog....thanks again! Lisa

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.